BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What Will It Take?

As I have continued to think about faith and what it means, I read again about Thomas in John 20.
Thomas doubted that his brothers had seen Jesus. He did not believe them. He says

"Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."

He told the fellow deciples that he would not believe that Jesus was alive unless he touched HIM for himself! Now, how many of us can relate to that? We won't believe the WORD (Jesus) unless we have the proof in our hands or have the answer to our prayer first.

Jesus told him "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and YET have believed." (emphasis mine)

John 20:30-31 goes onto say (paraphrasing) that Jesus did many other miracles during His time on earth after resurrection, but what is written is written so that we may BELIEVE in Jesus and have LIFE.

Jesus gave us the proof but yet we often struggle in believing HIM for the very things HE says HE can and WILL do. Myself included. And then I wonder why my situation has not changed or my prayer has not been answered...am a really believing in HIS word? What does it take for us to get to the place where we just have faith and believe?

Time and time again the bible talks about believing or the lack of believing in God. Will you believe Him and take Him at His word? So I know that I'm not the only one in the history of man kind that struggles with this.But He's not a man that He should lie so I should expect what He says to come to past in my life.

Faith does not go by site and comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. We have to have the word with in us...I have to have the Word in me. There is such an urgancy to get to this place of total trust to

Expect

Have

FAITH

with out doubt


and


BELIEVE
!


Believe that He will do what He says He's going to do, but even more than that believe that the time is drawing near for Jesus to return. Time is running out....What will it take??


blog comments powered by Disqus