BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Worry?? Not ME!

Matt 6:33 "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

In the verses before hand he's talking about not worrying about what you will eat, drink, wear etc.because God provides it. And then says do not worry about tomorrow it will take care of itself, each day has enough trouble in its self. This has been spoken to me in that we have to trust God that He is taking care of EVERYTHING and we should not be consumed with what is going to happen tomorrow.

Since the miscarriage I have had joy and peace, but at the same time it has been hard. Walking this road out, trusting the Lord through all the doctor's appointment's and believing God for our baby to live here on this earth, then to have a miscarriage and the pain that comes with that with no joy of a child at the end - it was hard.

BUT I knew in me that God was in control that I need not worry about this child nor the future. I know that we will get pregnant again and that it will be joyous just as this one was. I know that He will provide what is needed for our family and for another child.

But as this passage says, I have to seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness then all these things will be added unto me. So what is seeking first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness? I believe we are to be doing what He has called us to do in His kingdom. We are to be reaching out for the harvest that is ready until Jesus' return. We are to live according to the life of Jesus - seeking His righteousness (through the blood shed and grace we received on the cross), knowing our righteousness is just filthy rags. It's a higher standard more than just being a Sunday or Wednesday night Christian. It's a daily walk in the Lord, knowing that we fall short, being lead by the Holy Spirit and repent when we fail.

But you know, sometimes it's easier said than done.

So here's my reminder...


"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matt.6:34 NAS

blog comments powered by Disqus